Last updated: May 26, 2023
Introduction and Overview
We collect the following types of information from users of the 4DMT Website.
1. Information You Provide to 4DMT
We collect certain information you provide directly via the 4DMT Website:
- Your contact information when you contact us by email, telephone, or via a sign-up or contact form on the 4DMT Website.
- Professional information about you, including your employer.
- The content of your communications with us as necessary to provide you with the 4DMT Website.
2. Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the 4DMT Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of the 4DMT Website, including traffic data, logs, referral URL, time on 4DMT Website, pages visited, links clicked, files downloaded and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the 4DMT Website.
- Information about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating system, device type, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, approximate location and other similar information. This data may include IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve the 4DMT Website, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the 4DMT Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the 4DMT Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the 4DMT Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the 4DMT Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the 4DMT Website and its contents to you, including to provide customer support.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- If you have an account with 4DMT, to provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the 4DMT Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the 4DMT Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know at email@example.com.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, see Your Rights and Choices below.
Sharing of Information
We share information about you as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, vendors and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, credit checks, data analytics, marketing and promotional services, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing the 4DMT Website, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of 4DMT, the 4DMT Website or any third party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see Your Rights and Choices below.
Your Rights and Choices
1. Review and Update of Account and Personal Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account or personal information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the 4DMT Website by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity.
Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
2. Tracking Technology Choices
Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the 4DMT Website may not function correctly.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of certain non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or 4DMT’s ongoing business relations with you.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) or the United Kingdom’s version of the GDPR (collectively, the “GDPR”). Those rights include:
- The right of access to your information.
- The right to rectify your information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you are located in the European Union or the United Kingdom and you are or have been a user of our 4DMT Website, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. Further, if you are located in the European Union or the United Kingdom, we will never share your information with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
Visitors Outside the United States
4DMT is a U.S.-based company. If you are a non-U.S. resident and provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to and processed in the United States, where the laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your information, you consent to such transfer and processing.
The 4DMT Website are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under 13 years of age. 4DMT does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe 4DMT has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as at email@example.com and we will remove such information to the extent required by COPPA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the 4DMT Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the 4DMT Website.
4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc.
5858 Horton St. Suite 455
Emeryville, CA 94608